Roof insulation

Roof insulation is the easiest and cheapest insulation to install in your home - and it’s a great first step towards creating a warmer and more comfortable space for you to live in

Heat rises, and in an un-insulated home over a quarter of all heat loss goes straight through the ceiling and out the roof. Quality Roof Insulation can save you hundreds in wasted energy costs and the benefits can last up to 40 years – in which time it would have paid for itself over and over!

Do I need roof insulation?

To see if your home has existing Roof Insulation, check your roof space and see if you have any installed. The insulation should be at least 12cm thick and covering the whole ceiling. If there are gaps, damp patches or damage caused by birds or rodents you will need new insulation.

If you have trouble checking your own, most professionals will come and do it free of charge, and often they will be able to tell you if you qualify for government funding at the same time.

What type of insulation?

The main types of Roof Insulation are

  • Matting
  • Loose-fill
  • Blown insulation
  • Rigid insulation boards

If your roof is easily accessible with no damp or condensation issues then insulation should be simple and easy – you could probably do it yourself! Your Roof Insulation could even be free if you qualify for one of the governments heating grants

Thank You for your interest in insulation

Please fill in your postcode below and take our multi choice questionnaire to see if you qualify for any government grants, cash-back schemes or subsidised installations. Our team will then be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Please enter your postcode
Find Address

NOTE:Please enter postcode of the property being applied for

Please select your address

Where do you live *

Home type *

Please select the RED home that resemble your house the most

How many storeys in your home *


Gas connection *

Are you connected to mains gas

Age of your home *


What does your wall most look like? *

How many bedrooms in your home *


Cavity Insulation *

Do you have cavity wall insulation

Loft Insulation *

Do you have loft insulation

How old is your boiler *


What is your boiler's brand name, model and type

Is there a fault with the boiler? *

Please choose what type of fault (select one or more)

Heating Fault
Hot Water Fault
Leaking Boiler
Ignition (Starting) Fault

Finally let's check if the government can help with some subsidies, cashbacks or grants

ECO Criteria

Child tax credit and have income of less than £15860
Working Tax Credit and have income of less than £15860
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Pension Credit
Income support
Income-based job seekers allowance
None of the Above

Receiving a work related activity or support component
You receive support for a disability
You receive support for a child with a disability
You have a child under 5 years old
You have a child under 16
You have a child under 20 and in full time education
You (or your partner) receive a “Pensioner Premium”
I only receive the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Privately Own your home
Privately Rent your home
Live in Council/Social Housing


What paid options are you interested in?

Bio-mass Boiler
Gas Boiler
Solar PV (Solar Electricity)
Solar Thermal (Solar Water Heating)
Heat Pump
Double Glazing

Newsletter Signup