Insulation board

Insulation boards can achieve a surprisingly high R-Value for such a compact product when installed correctly in the right environments. Unlike other insulation materials, such as fibreglass and cellulose which slow heat transfer, insulation boards can actually create an air barrier and stop air movement completely.

There are many different materials used to create insulation board, so it’s important to determine your desired R-Value so you use the right product to achieve the insulation performance you’re after. Insulation Boards are ideal for tight or cramped spaces where a high R-Value is needed, which can make it somewhat more difficult to install than other insulation options. They need to be placed together tightly, and ideally sealed with tape or caulk to achieve their optimum level.


These are the three most common types of insulation board;

  • Polyisocyanurate (polyiso)
  • Highest R-value P/Inch.
  • Most polyiso products come with reflective foil on both faces. This can act as a radiant barrier in some applications.
  • Generally most expensive option.
  • Extruded polystyrene (XPS)
  • Smooth plastic surface
  • Does not absorb water, unlike polyiso
  • Stronger than polystyrene
  • Most versatile
  • Expanded polystyrene (EPS)
  • Cheapest option
  • Weak, easily damaged

It is important to employ a reputable and qualified surveyor to inspect your building before committing to any type of insulation. Not all homes will benefit from insulation boards so it is important to speak to a knowledgeable expert that can give you qualified advice on your best option.

Thank You for your interest in insulation

Please fill in your postcode below and take our multi choice questionnaire to see if you qualify for any government grants, cash-back schemes or subsidised installations. Our team will then be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Please enter your postcode
Find Address

NOTE:Please enter postcode of the property being applied for

Please select your address

Where do you live *

Home type *

Please select the RED home that resemble your house the most

How many storeys in your home *


Gas connection *

Are you connected to mains gas

Age of your home *


What does your wall most look like? *

How many bedrooms in your home *


Cavity Insulation *

Do you have cavity wall insulation

Loft Insulation *

Do you have loft insulation

How old is your boiler *


What is your boiler's brand name, model and type

Is there a fault with the boiler? *

Please choose what type of fault (select one or more)

Heating Fault
Hot Water Fault
Leaking Boiler
Ignition (Starting) Fault

Finally let's check if the government can help with some subsidies, cashbacks or grants

ECO Criteria

Child tax credit and have income of less than £15860
Working Tax Credit and have income of less than £15860
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Pension Credit
Income support
Income-based job seekers allowance
None of the Above

Receiving a work related activity or support component
You receive support for a disability
You receive support for a child with a disability
You have a child under 5 years old
You have a child under 16
You have a child under 20 and in full time education
You (or your partner) receive a “Pensioner Premium”
I only receive the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Privately Own your home
Privately Rent your home
Live in Council/Social Housing


What paid options are you interested in?

Bio-mass Boiler
Gas Boiler
Solar PV (Solar Electricity)
Solar Thermal (Solar Water Heating)
Heat Pump
Double Glazing
Newsletter Signup